True South is currently hiring for a solar sales advisor.
Sales Experience: 2 years (Required)
Paid Time Off
TSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Solar Sales Consultant:
True South Solar is the leading designer and installer of residential and commercial solar power systems in Southern Oregon. Our mission statement is “Solar on every rooftop and great jobs!”. We are proud to offer a competitive wage and benefit package, and a great work environment. True South Solar is located in Ashland, Oregon- a small town in Southern Oregon surrounded by beautiful mountains and known for its outdoors and arts.
We are currently seeking a Solar Sales Consultant to join our team! This position is responsible for developing solar project leads and selling PV systems. The person filling this position will be a motivated individual who has a proven history in sales.
- Performing home and business site visits and evaluations for solar potential
- Creating and delivering a compelling value proposition presentation for businesses and homeowners; incorporating solar incentives, financing and energy savings
- Closing new business and signing contracts with clients
- Communicating effectively with project managers, engineering contractors, jurisdictions, installation crew regarding project details
- Delivering exceptional customer service to clients from pre-sale through project completion
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years in technical sales and project management, solar sales preferred
- Expertise of new solar industry products, applications and system design
- Ability to self-generate leads (with monthly quotas)
- Experience performing financial calculations and preparing proposals / contracts
- Proven record of closing deals and meeting sales goals
- Strong public speaking/presentation skills
- High Energy / Positive Attitude / Passion for Sales / Team Player
- Professional appearance, attitude and social skills
- Proficiency with using computer software (will use online Solar Proposal and selling tools)
- Base pay + commission
- 12 vacation days (plus 1 day added at each anniversary), 6 days paid holidays
- 40 hours of sick leave
- Health insurance coverage
- Profit sharing
- Simple IRA retirement plan, plus employer matching